ADRESS TO THE STATE PARK:
19074 St. Croix Trail North
Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047
HOW TO GET THERE:
The park is located 12 miles north of Stillwater. The park entrance is right on State Highway 95, 3 miles south of Highway 97 and 2 miles north of Marine on St. Croix. After turning onto the park road, the ranger station is immediately on your right..
EXPLORE WILLIAM O'BRIEN
Join us as we explore William O'Brien State Park in Marine on St. Croix Minnesota! Hiking The North will take you through a 6 mile guided hike on several trails. This journey will start at 10am and it will end at 12pm. Please be on time. Trail is from easy to moderate. Bring water, snacks, and backpack. Dress appropriately for the weather. Please read below of what to bring with you.
ABOUT THE PARK
The Dakota and Ojibwe Indians utilized the resources of the valley rich in fur-bearing animals, wild game, and useful plants. In the 1600s, European trappers arrived to engage in the lucrative fur-trade industry. Later, lumberjacks began to harvest the stands of white pine. Sawmills began to dot the St. Croix riverway and the industry flourished in the mid-1800s until the valley was cleared of white pine. William O'Brien, a lumber baron, bought much of the land once owned by the lumber companies. In 1947, his daughter donated 180 acres to be developed as a state park in memory of her father. Over the years, other privately owned pieces of land were added to the park which now totals 1,653 acres.
Please make sure that you keep your fur baby on 6-foot leash. Hiking The North practices Leave No Trace so please pick up after your pet (make sure you have waste bags), attend to your pet all times, and the fur babies are not allowed inside the buildings. Please only allow 1 fur baby per person, safety of other pets and other hikers on the trail.
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable, broken-in hiking boots or tennis shoes
- Healthy Snacks (trail-mix, protein shake, and or protein bar are always a good choice)
- Lip balm
- Any First Aid items that is required for your well-being (personal medications, epi-pens). Please be sure to communicate any medical issues in a private conversation with the guides.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WITH THE HIKE
- CPR Certified HTN Leader
- Fun community and building new friendships!
NOT INCLUDED WITH YOUR HIKE
- Transportation to the park is not included. We will help facilitate carpools for you after you register.
- Day Pass of $7 dollars to the State Park. You can purchase your day pass at the main entrance of the park.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions!
THIS EVENT IS FREE!