Summer is here!
Well almost. First day of Summer is June 21st and we want to celebrate Minnesota's couple summers in with you!
It's Meet Up Time!
Saturday June 23rd Hiking The North team is hitting the trails at Wild River State Park! Deer Creek Loop is a three mile loop starting at the Visitor Center. The trail crosses the scenic Deer Creek bridge and part of the trail is located along the historic Point Douglas to Superior Military Road (Old Military Road). So come and join us, come explore nature, and connect with other hikers!
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable, broken-in hiking or running shoes.
- A day backpack to carry your water bottle, snacks, and personal items that you might need.
- Snacks (trail-mix and granola bars are always a good choice)
- Lip balm
- Any First Aid items that is required for your well-being (personal medications, epi-pens). Please be sure to communicate any medical issues in a private conversation with the guides.
*COST: FREE. This MEET UP is for you to meet other hikers and learn more about Hiking The North. There is a park fee of $7 dollars. We will meet at the visitor center where there is plenty of parking space.
*WHO: Anyone is welcomed! Your fur babies, your kids, friends and family! Note: The hike is approximately 3-4 miles. Kids are welcomed if you think they could make the hike.
*TRAILS: The trails are intermediate. So please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. Bring plenty of water to keep hydrated throughout your hike. (NOTE: Some parts of the trails are shaded!)
If weather conditions change to thunderstorms and or severe conditions, we will cancel the event and re-schedule. We will keep you updated with weather conditions!
NOT INCLUDED IN THE MEET UP:
- Transportation to Wild River State Park is not included.
- State Park Pass of $7 is not included.
MUST REGISTER BELOW:
Please register below. We need to know how many hikers to expect and wait for. We will be heading out for the hike at 11:15am. So be on time. Thank you so much!