Let's Go Hiking!
What does warm weather, green trees, wildflowers blooming, and birds singing mean? Ah yes, it means time to opt outside for some fresh air, exercise, rejuvenate, and go hiking!
It's Meet Up Time!
This coming Saturday, Hiking The North team is hitting the trails at Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park! It's about 3 mile hike through some woodland, grassland and wetland habitats of many species of wildlife! You will get to see the dam and enjoy part of the Mississippi River as you travel along side it on the trail.
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable, broken-in hiking or running shoes.
- A day backpack to carry your water bottle, snacks, and personal items that you might need.
- Snacks (trail-mix and granola bars are always a good choice)
- Lip balm
- Any First Aid items that is required for your well-being (personal medications, epi-pens). Please be sure to communicate any medical issues in a private conversation with the guides.
*COST: FREE. This MEET UP is for you to meet other hikers and learn more about Hiking The North. There is no park fee and parking is free as well!
*WHO: Anyone is welcomed! Your fur babies, your kids, friends and family! Note: The hike is approximately 3-4 miles. Kids are welcomed if you think they could make the hike.
*TRAILS: The trails are intermediate. So please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. It is supposed to get up to 90 degrees on Saturday! Bring plenty of water to keep hydrated throughout your hike. (NOTE: Some parts of the trails are shaded!)
If weather conditions change to thunderstorms and or severe conditions, we will cancel the event and re-schedule. We will keep you updated with weather conditions!
NOT INCLUDED IN THE MEET UP:
- Transportation to Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park is not included.
MUST REGISTER BELOW:
Please register below. We need to know how many hikers to expect and wait for. We will be heading out for the hike at 1:40pm. So be on time. Thank you so much!