Let's Go Snowshoeing!
With the winter storm coming, the trails will be full of snow! Lets take advantage of our winter by enjoying it by the river!
Don't have snowshoes? NO PROBLEM! The park rents them for $5. So please arrive early to rent them because they are first come first serve!
Never snowshoed before? NO WORRIES! Perfect time to try it out before you commit on your own snowshoes! We are here to guide you and help you through the trails!
This event is FREE! We want you to come out and meet your fellow hikers in the group! MEET UP TIME! WOOT WOOT!
Please dress for the winter weather! It's suppose to snow more (YEAH!) and it will be around 37 degrees. I will keep you posted on the weather.
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable, broken-in winter boots
- SNOWSHOES! :)
- Snow pants, warm under layers, and a warm winter jacket
- Water (insulated water bottles are best, camel backs tubes can freeze depending on temp)
- Snacks (trail-mix and granola bars are always a good choice)
- Lip balm
- Winter Hat, gloves, and scarf
- Any First Aid items that is required for your well-being (personal medications, epi-pens). Please be sure to communicate any medical issues in a private conversation with the guides.
*COST: FREE. This MEET UP is for you to meet other hikers and learn more about Hiking The North. There is a $5 dollar fee to rent snowshoes!
*WHO: Anyone is welcomed! Your fur babies, your kids, friends and family! Note: The hike is approximately 3-4 miles. Kids are welcomed if you think they could make the hike.
*TRAILS: The trails are intermediate. So please wear comfortable warm boots and warm clothing. Insulated water bottles would be best to keep hydrated throughout your hike.
If weather conditions are extremely cold we will cancel the event and re-schedule. We will keep you updated with weather conditions!
NOT INCLUDED WITH YOUR SNOWSHOEING
- Transportation to Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park is not included. We will help facilitate carpools for you after you register.
- Snowshoes. Please rent them at the trail center. They are $5.
MUST REGISTER BELOW
Please register below. That way we will know how many hikers to expect. Thank you so much!