Let's Go Hiking!
Its time for our MEET-UP Hike and explore the South!
Hiking The North team is hitting the trails at Minneopa State Park! It's about 5 mile hike through some tall grass prairies, see some roaming bison, and eagles nesting on cottonwoods! You will get to enjoy part of the Minnesota River as you travel along side it on the trail.
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable, broken-in hiking or running shoes.
- A day backpack to carry your water bottle, snacks, lunch, and personal items that you might need.
- Snacks (trail-mix and granola bars are always a good choice)
- Lip balm
- Any First Aid items that is required for your well-being (personal medications, epi-pens). Please be sure to communicate any medical issues in a private conversation with the guides.
*COST: FREE. This MEET UP is for you to meet other hikers and learn more about Hiking The North. There is a park fee of $7.
*WHO: Anyone is welcomed! Your fur babies, your kids, friends and family! Note: The hike is approximately 5 miles. Kids are welcomed if you think they could make the hike.
*TRAILS: The trails are intermediate. So please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. Bring plenty of water to keep hydrated throughout your hike. (NOTE: We will keep you posted in weather conditions!)
If weather conditions change to thunderstorms and or severe conditions, we will cancel the event and re-schedule. We will keep you updated with weather conditions!
NOT INCLUDED IN THE MEET UP:
- Transportation to Minneopa is not included.
MUST REGISTER BELOW:
Please register below. We need to know how many hikers to expect and wait for. We will be heading out for the hike at 11:15am. So be please be on time. Thank you so much!