ADRESS TO THE STATE PARK:
29223 County 28 Boulevard
Frontenac, MN 55026
HOW TO GET THERE:
Frontenac State Park is located approximately 10 miles SE of Red Wing on Highway 61 or 5 miles northwest of Lake City, then 1 mile north on County Road 2.
PARKING IS INSIDE THE PARK WHERE WE WILL BE MEETING! FOLLOW THE PARK ROAD INSIDE THE PARK AFTER YOU HAVE PAID FOR YOUR DAILY PASS.
LET'S GO HIKE FRONTENAC!
Rain or shine, we are heading to Frontenac State Park for a beautiful hike through intermediate to challenging trails! Make sure you are physically able to climb uphill with have some good hiking shoes. This journey will start at 11am and it will end at 3pm. Please be on time. Kids are welcome if you think they can hike 3 miles. Bring water, lunch/snacks, and backpack. Dress appropriately for the weather!
ABOUT THE TRAIL
Bluff Side Trail is a 2.7-mile loop that consists of very hilly, packed dirt, and rocky terrain. There are stairs that descend 425 feet of staircases and switchbacks to the rocky shore of Lake Pepin. Loop back 425 feet up the bluff to view the In-Yan-Teopa rock and hike the upper bluff section of trail back to your starting point.
- Comfortable, broken-in hiking boots or tennis shoes
- Healthy Snacks (trail-mix, protein shake, and or protein bars)
- Lip balm
- Any First Aid items that is required for your well-being (personal medications, epi-pens). Please be sure to communicate any medical issues in a private conversation with the guides.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WITH THE HIKE
- CPR Certified HTN Leader
- Fun community and building new friendships!
NOT INCLUDED WITH YOUR HIKE
- Transportation to Frontenac State Park is not included. We will help facilitate carpools for you after you register.
- Day Pass of $7 dollars to the State Park. You can purchase your day pass at the main entrance of the park.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
*NO REFUNDS ON THE HIKE.
*KIDS 13 AND UNDER ARE FREE
RESOURCES FROM: http://www.dnr.